Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Naïve

The sour taste in my mouth comforts me, but is not a distraction unfortunately. A night of good and evil weighs heavy on my lungs. Maybe I wasn’t meant to breathe tonight? Humorous how lovely a day can be and simply a few minutes of negative words can revoke the feelings of closeness. I met a girl named Misery; she fell in love with my heart, so she clung on to me for her dear, sweet, fragile life; she never let go. I encourage arguments yet harbor my own. Oh society, how cruelly you teach these innocent lovers, weeks of sweet nothings demolished by minutes of harsh lips. Forgive me anger for I have sinned, I allow these thieves to take from me all that I cherish. I signed away my power to stand. I feel weightless yet I’m far too heavy for these poor legs to bear. Our flowers all expire so remember mine please. My skin misses the hot blood your arms conceal. So fearful of those eyes, confidence assassins take from me the words to admit the salty water I spilt. Stained, everything, mocks me until the loudness of your memories eat my worry. Run from me, run for me, run me to the earth in which I murdered with hypocrisies’. I can’t eat you anymore, you’ve grown so cold, and my health couldn’t withstand the risk you pose when you stare like that.
            Four years scream in my expressionless face, they say things, and they talk about you. Strut those strings darlin’, how I yearn for that voluntary amnesia. Grey is just too bright for these eyes. I dare you to dream about it, howl to me, vomit that plastic until your eyes roll back. Define this, no not with your Bibles, with your love, grab that brush and paint for me a cloudy ocean of thoughts and arrogance. Its home, not you, not that place, but that feeling bestowed upon me by your mystery. Ah, that laughter melts my ears, why doesn’t it faze you? Don’t let me down, every one of these expectations exceeds you and you haven’t the slightest chance. Your proof is my challenge, so fight with pride to earn the direction of my thumb. Hold me smoke, you always listen, without that sting, I wouldn’t have learned from these never-ending failures. Goodnight walls, dream till you rot.

No comments:

Post a Comment